It’s officially summertime, which means there are tons of sales and content opportunities. In this month’s webinar, Chelsea and Michael dive into tips, content ideas, and much more so that you can get the most out of the tools that ShopYourLikes has to offer.
Summer Content Ideas
Summertime is all about being on the go—whether you’re just getting out of the house or the office and enjoying the weather, or entertaining your friends and family at a backyard barbecue, it’s important to plan out your content for the summer ahead of time so you don’t have to take time away from your friends and family. If you’re going on a camping trip, keep in mind what items you’re going to bring—a grill, bug spray, tents, etc.—so that you can plan out what you’re going to link. That way, you can generate all your links before you leave on your trip, so they’ll be ready to go in your Link Journal.
Backyard barbecues are such a big part of the summer season, and they’re also a great opportunity to link the products you’re using and show your followers how to throw a successful get-together. You can (and should) link everything from your grill, to your spatula, to your patio furniture so that you can encourage your followers to try them out themselves.
Tips for Growth
To improve your engagement and growth, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Engage with your followers at least 15 minutes prior to posting.
- We’ve seen it work wonders for our users and our ShopYourLikes Instagram as well. Interact genuinely with accounts on your explore page that you don’t follow to get your name into other people’s feeds.
- Once you post a photo, engage for up to an hour. Reply to comments on your photo and discover new accounts to get as much exposure as possible. It’s social media for a reason!
- Promote your post on your story so more people see it.
- Link products to your stories that are highlighted in your posts.
- Add hashtags in your first comment instead of the actual caption. Add 30 hashtags (the maximum possible). If you use them in your captions it can come across as spam to your audience.
- Tag as many brands/companies as possible in your posts.
- Switch up your hashtags for each post.
- Make sure your Instagram bio reflects who you really are. Stay on brand!
Tips for IG Stories
It can be really easy to fall complacent to using the same colors and fonts over and over again in your stories. It gets boring for your followers and can even lead to a decrease in engagement, which nobody wants. The more exciting and engaging your stories are, the more likely your followers are to click on your links an even drive sales.
2 apps you should be using for fonts:
- Hype type allows you to create animated fonts and moving text for your stories.
- Coolsymbol.com allows you to access their library of custom fonts.
Create custom colors on your stories by holding the color circles down and then hovering over whichever shade you want. This will be much more attention-grabbing for your audience and they will be more inclined to click on your links.
Where is your favorite summer vacation spot?
Chelsea loves anywhere on the water, particularly Malibu for a fun beach staycation. Michael loves to visit Seattle, his hometown, because he doesn’t get the chance to go up there much anymore since moving to LA.
What is your summer essential?
Michael can’t choose one, so he would go with sunglasses, sunscreen, and sandals (He’s a flip flop guy). Chelsea can’t live without sunglasses, a really great SPF, and a black bathing suit because it makes you look tanner.
Where do you see ShopYourLikes in 3 years?
We see ShopYourLikes as a full-service influencer solution in which, because of our direct relationships with retailers, we are able to offer brand deals to our influencers. Along with growing these meaningful relationships with retailers, we want to expand into more geographical locations—maybe even having an office somewhere in Europe or Australia so we can truly diversify our company. We also always want to be adding more retailers and brands to our network for our influencers.